See below for a collection of funding opportunities, symposia, workshops, and fellowship programs focused on health equity. Newer opportunities are towards the top of the list.
Office of Minority Health (OMH) FY 2015 Funding Opportunity Announcements
OMH at the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) administers grant programs to support projects that implement innovative models to improve minority health and reduce health disparities. OMH currently has four funding opportunity announcements (FOAs) for which applications are being accepted:
- HHS/Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health (OASH), OMH: National Health Education Program on Lupus Grant. Deadline is May 18, 2015. Learn more.
- HHS/OASH, OMH: National Workforce Diversity Pipeline Program. Deadline is May 18, 2015. Learn more.
- HHS/OASH, OMH: Partnerships to Increase Coverage in Communities (PICC) II Initiative Grant. Deadline is May 22, 2015. Learn more.
- HHS/OASH, OMH: State Partnership Initiative to Address Health Disparities Grant. Deadline is May 24, 2015. Learn more.
- HHS/Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA): Capacity Building Initiative for Substance Abuse (SA) and HIV Prevention Services for At-Risk Racial/Ethnic Minority Youth and Young Adults (HIV-CBI). Deadline is April 23, 2015. Learn more.
- HHS/Administration for Community Living (ACL), Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AIDD): The Paralysis Resource Center (PRC). Funds will be awarded to support a national PRC that will improve the health and quality of life of individuals living with paralysis, their families and caregivers. Deadline is April 27, 2015. Learn more.
- HHS/Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Paul Coverdell National Acute Stroke Prevention. Deadline is April 27, 2015. Learn more.
- HHS/Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA): Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part C Capacity Development Grants. Deadline is April 27, 2015. Learn more.
- HHS/National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB) and the National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD). Development and Translation of Medical Technologies to Reduce Health Disparities (SBIR) (R43/44). Deadline is April 28, 2015. Learn more.
- Corporation for National and Community Service: AmeriCorps Indian Tribes Grants. Provides funding to help implement community-based healthcare projects. Deadline is April 29, 2015. Learn more.
- March of Dimes Foundation: 2016 March of Dimes Research Program. To be eligible, applicants must be a scientist with a faculty appointment or the equivalent at a university, hospital, or nonprofit research institution. Deadline for letters of intent is April 15, 2015. Learn more.
Scholarships / Fellowships
- Hispanic-Serving Health Professions Schools (HSHPS): Graduate Fellowship Training Program (GFTP) – Summer 2015. This program provides paid and unpaid training opportunities for graduate and doctoral students and recent graduates interested in working on Hispanic health research. Deadline is April 1, 2015. Learn more.