2015 Focal Point Symposium on Health Equity
The call for abstracts for the 2015 Focal Point Symposium on Health Equity is now available!
Theme: Promoting Health Equity
Submission deadline: Abstracts are due March 11th 2015
Posters to be printed must be submitted via email as PDF or PowerPoint file by March 18th 2015.
Late submissions will not printed.
Symposium registration will close March 18th 2015
We welcome abstracts related to all areas of health as much as they coincide with the theme of health equity. Some suggested topic areas include:
- Health equity & social justice, minority health or policy
- Health literacy
- Cultural competence in health care to achieve health equity
- Role of health professionals in addressing health disparities
- Measuring and reporting disparities in social determinants of health
- Health equity & chronic diseases
- Emerging concerns regarding health disparities
- The Affordable Care Act impact and achieving health equity
- Emerging technologies with application to health care and medicine
- Development of low and lower cost diagnostics and treatment
- Community programs working to promote health equity
- Abstracts should be between 250 and 350 words
- The title should convey, without excessive detail, the abstract’s subject matter
- Tables of data are not permitted in the abstract
- Poster presentations only
We look forward to your important contribution to the upcoming Focal Point Symposium! Contact Toyosi Akinrotimi at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other questions concerning your abstract.